We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and requirements (for example, name, contact number, email address, birthday and nature of your enquiry)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
All of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- So that a member of the team can follow up on your enquiry
- So that we can refer your enquiry to a member of A Balanced Life Therapies team who will assist you with your enquiry
- So that a member of the team can contact you to book you in for an appointment.
- So we can add you to our mailing list and send you marketing on offers, invitations, news and workshops.
We use the information that you have given us in order to contact you in regards to an enquiry or appointment or to send you further information in regards to A Balanced Life Therapies. We may share this information with a member of the therapy team if this is necessary for your ongoing treatment at the Centre. All our therapists are self-employed and will have their own privacy policies in place. Please, check these details with your therapist.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored online, only accessible via a password and/or two-step verification system. We keep your name, telephone number and email address for 6 years after which it will be deleted if you are no longer an active client of the Centre. Assessments filled in online will also be kept for 5 years.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at email@example.com, if you wish to make a request.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Room Rental Terms and Conditions
- You (‘the therapist’) must maintain the appropriate certification, qualifications, a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (if working with vulnerable clients) and up to date liability insurance.
- A Balanced Life Therapies will not deal with any financial transactions or payment of fees on your behalf. You should maintain full control over your bookings and treatment of your clients, including client records and advertising materials. You should conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst using the therapy rooms and the main building. You are responsible for addressing your client’s conduct if needed.
- You should always work within the guidelines set out by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The therapy rooms must only be used during the hours that have been agreed and booked through the online booking system. Please double check that the booking has been made correctly as I cannot be responsible for any mistakes that are made. –
- Please vacate the room as soon as your pre-paid slot has finished. Other therapists may be using the room and therefore running over the allocated time slot is not permitted.
- You are in charge of bringing your own equipment to the centre and any equipment left in the building is done so at your own risk. A Balanced Life will accept no responsibility for personal or professional items left on the premises.
- You are responsible for the therapy room and its contents during your sessions. Any damage that occurs during this time must be brought to our attention and payment for the damage must be received within 14 days of billing.
- The therapy room must be left in a safe and tidy condition so that other therapists can use it immediately after you. If any incidents or accidents occur that require attention, please report it to me immediately.
- This contract does not create a partnership agreement. You do not have the authority to enter into contracts on behalf of A Balanced Life Therapies. It is forbidden to sublet the therapy room or use it for any other purpose other than what has been agreed.
- You are not permitted to make a copy of room keys and you are not permitted to give your keys to a third party.
- Bookings can be made via the on-line booking system. Failure to make payments as agreed may result in the termination of the contract between A Balanced Life Therapy and yourself and may result in legal action.
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy and payment for the room will need to be paid for in full whether the room is occupied or not. We recommend that you agree similar terms with your clients.
- Bookings must be taken on an hourly or half hourly basis, unless agreed otherwise.
- If you lose the keys, you must pay for a replacement set. The cost is £100 per key and £10 for the shutter key.
- If you are the last person to leave the building, you must ensure that all lights and lamps are switched off, the heaters or air-con units have been switched off, all diffusers and the door has been locked as instructed.
- The clients, who have been referred to you A Balanced Life Therapy, must be seen at the centre in Hackney Wick. If it is discovered that you are transferring clients to alternative premises, you will no longer be considered for new referrals.